Commercial Insurance

Let the Birkett Hassard team help take care of you and your business.   We offer a wide range of products for all types of commercial operations.

Commercial policies can be very complex depending on the type of business conducted and don’t forget home-based businesses requires insurance too!    Generally, commercial insurance falls into the categories of retail, contractors, realty, garage, auto, hospitality, office and manufacturing.

Surety Bonds are also available.

If you wish to be contacted to discuss a risk assessment and quote, please complete the form below and we will have a commercial broker contact you.


What’s Available

  • Commercial General Liability
  • Contents & Equipment Insurance
  • Directors & Officers Liability
  • Crime Coverage
  • Errors & Omissions Liability
  • Cyber Liability
  • Pollution Liability
  • Equipment Breakdown
  • Business Interruption Insurance
  • Tenant’s Legal Liability
  • Installation Floater
  • Fleet Policy
  • Cargo Coverage
  • Care, Custody & Control (Property of Others)

Contact Us for a Personalized Commercial Insurance Quote

Commercial Insurance FAQ’s

The purpose of commercial general liability insurance is to protect the corporation and/or principles of the business from losses such as bodily injury or property damage. Commercial policies contain many exclusions and thus seeking the advice of a professional broker is key in securing proper insurance coverage.

Personal insurance policies specifically exclude coverage for property and liability in connection with business activities. Some home based businesses can be covered with an extension to your existing home policy.

The following is a small sample of the types of insurance available:

Directors & Officers Liability
Crime Coverage
Errors & Omissions Liability
Pollution Liability
Care, Custody & Control (Property of Others)
Equipment Breakdown (Boiler & Machinery)
Liquor Liability
Business Interruption Insurance
Fleet Policy
Tenant’s Legal Liabilty
Workers Compensation
Installation Floater
Exterior Signs

Commercial Links

Workplace Safety and Insurance Board

Ministry of Labour

Workplace Hazardous Materials Information Systems (WHMIS)

Landlord and Tenant Board

Entrepreneur Magazine

Canadian Business Magazine